First of the month, I am chilling listening to some smooth beats on soundcloud while I look through my phone for all the things that been getitng my mind going crazy November. Playing catch up hard.
Jazz Vibes Playlist on Spotify - this has been one of my favorite playlists of late, My December spotify playlist is already filling up with super chill beats :)
josh pan & Dumbfoundead - Banned From The Motherland ft. Simon D, Jay Park and G2 (Youtube) - For the past week, this has probably be on for hours at a time on repeat, it gets me in the right flow to get work done.
JMSN - LIVE North Hollywood (Spotify) - I been loving JMSN music for awhile now, this is a live version of some of the tracks from his last album 'It is.' There so tracks that shine much better in live rendition.
Couch Show / Just Between Us (Youtube) - I quickly watched every sketch video they made, now I am slowly making my way through their quasi advice couch segment. Love listening to these two banter.
Only reason I have Twitter installed on my phone @OhitsTeddy & @AdidasAlerts, I have been getting heavy on the Adidas footwear game, even checking up @TheYeezyMafia for facts. Crazy enough everday the till Christmas theYeezyMafia is leaking info on unreleased Adidas sneakers, check it out here http://xmas.yeezymafia.com/
Soft Glas - Late Bloom Live - this was definitely one of the albums I spun a ton when it released, great to hear it's live version JOAO recently posted on his soundcloud.
New music from the DrumMaster, Karriem Riggins -Bahia Dreams
Podcasts Episodes of Note, (google search to find these)
- This Week in Startups Interview with David Sacks - Great insights on how to recover a businesses' reputation.
- Tim Ferriss - #203 - Second round with DHH - I always learn something new from this man.
- Seth Godin kills is with so much to think about, I will have to listen to this one again. James Altucher Show #194
- Derek Sivers Distilled - I pushed this one back since I have heard tens of interviews with Derek and this one was supposed to be a clip show of quotes, but Tim was right with making this 'Distilled' episode of clips. I am really re-chewing on some of the directives and advice Derek has. Tim Ferriss Show #202
- Monocle 24: The Big Interview - (this is quickly becoming of my favorite podcasts) - Mario Testino - Robert Longo
- Monocle 24: The Sessions at Midori House - Takuya Kuroda
- Brian Koppelman on James Altucher Show #193 - I always love when the two of them are on each other's podcasts. Koppelman is one of my favorite people to listen to, he is super intelligent and always open to learn and question, James is the same.
- WTF with Marc Maron - #759 Lin-Manuel Miranda - I have heard the soundtrack to Hamilton countless times, great to heard the man behind its explain his own story.
I finally checked out Periscope, one of my favorite producers, Kaytranda, was on the service messing around, making beats on the spot, and scrolling throuhg his catalog of unreleased mixes. It was a great experience. I wished it last longer and other creators shared their process.
Casey Neistat is already back, He 1.) released his Vietnam Trip memories and 2.) Explained his new job with CNN - I don't know my full thoughts on everything that is going out with Casey and his channel. I was really impressed with his move to drop vlogging at such as height so he can pursue new and challenging things in filmmaking. With him now working with CNN it can be a major plus to his creativity or a shackle that causes limitations. It looks like CNN gave Casey and Matt a major with buying BEME, hopefully the merge into CNN is fruitful for all parties. I can think up some great possibilities for them, but it is hard to predict what happens to a young agile startup when they are swallowed up by the culture of a corporate machine.
Changing of the Guard - November 2016 Playlist to an end - Start of my December 2016 Playlist
Movies / TV
- Moonlight - Currently in Theaters
- Morris from America - (Amazon Prime)
- Black Mirror - (Netflix) Finally watch the last episode, wild, so wild. SMH
- Easy (Netflix) not bad